|We are excited to announce the launch of the newly formed Center for Teaching Innovation (CTI). This new academic unit is designed to support Cornell’s teaching community with a range of programs and services centered around effective teaching and innovative learning practices. The CTI merges staff and programs from the former Center of Teaching Excellence and Academic Technologies, which previously resided within Cornell Information Technologies.|
The Academic Technologies group provides services and support for teaching with technology. We can be reached at (607) 255-9760 or email@example.com.
- Support for a variety of instructional technologies for use in teaching, including Blackboard, blogs and other collaborative tools, lecture capture, ePortfolios, web and video hosting, and much more
- Consulting services to help you identify and implement technology in your teaching
- Computer labs for class instruction and specialized course software
- Help with preparing course materials, including scanning and digitizing services
- Multimedia equipment available to instructors for short term loan
Workshops for Classroom Technologies
We have several workshops available for Spring 2018 for Blackboard, Turnitin, and more! For dates and to register, visit http://it.cornell.edu/atregister.
Training sessions include:
- Getting Started with Blackboard: for New Blackboard Users
- Using Blackboard for Assessments and Grades
- iClicker: Classroom Polling
- Lecture Capture with Panopto
- Electronic Portfolios
For descriptions and more details visit our Workshops for Classroom Technologies page.
If these times do not work or your department is looking for something specific, we are still available to help! To request online or in-person training for individual, department, TA, or instruction groups contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – or walk-in to 123 CCC to schedule an appointment.
Access over 2,500 software, creative, and business skill video courses FREE! Available to all faculty, staff, and students at Cornell. Visit here.